Title: Counter Sales
Position: Wage Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting customers in the purchase of lumber and associated products and assisting the manager in the daily operation of the office.
- Provide Outstanding Customer Service!
- Work with Manager to achieve store and personal sales objectives.
- Write customer orders, mill orders and delivery orders and collect payment.
- Assist customers with design and material list for projects.
- Advise customers on lumber and hardware use to include bidding of projects (i.e., decks, patio covers and fences).
- Assist manager in maintaining a clean, organized, properly stocked store.
- Open and close store as directed by manager.
- Assist manager in updating hardware and lumber prices.
- Assist in or complete end of day paperwork (i.e., invoices, charge tickets, pick-tickets, etc.).
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Always represents J&W Lumber with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Sound math skills
- Ability to design and sell outdoor building projects ( ie fences, decks , patio patio covers)
- Experienced customer service skills.
- Highly organized.
SUPERVISORY DIRECTION NEEDED: This position normally requires periodic daily supervision.