Title: Delivery Driver
Position: Wage Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for truck deliveries of lumber and other building materials Position requires driving a truck with capacity under 3 tons to transport lumber to a specific destination.
- Verify load against shipping papers.
- Provide Outstanding Customer Service.
- Drive truck to specific destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in area.
- Unload shipment utilizing safe unloading practices.
- Collect payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- Maintain contact with Sales team to receive delivery instructions.
- Inspect truck equipment such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water.
- Daily Maintenance Inspection.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Always Represent J&W Lumber with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of commercial driving regulations and safe driving practices.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Class C Drivers License (except CJ Redwood).
- Lifting required up to 90lbs.
SUPERVISORY DIRECTION NEEDED: This position requires periodic daily supervision.