Title: Mill Operator
Position: Wage Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: This position requires knowledge of milling equipment and the characteristics of different lumber species
- Provide Outstanding Customer Service
- Review milling orders with office personnel.
- Complete milling according to orders, ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Keep Sales Team informed of status of orders.
- Maintain operational condition of milling equipment.
- Maintain milling area in a clean organized manner.
- Remove lumber from units and place boards in rack, according to grade and length using upgrading techniques.
- Remove defective and/or damaged lumber from racks for cut-back.
- Assist customer with loading of lumber.
- Count and write up orders after loading customer.
- Maintain good working relationship with customers, fellow employees and upper management.
- Maintain the appearance of the yard and racks in an orderly and clean manner focusing on his area.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Redwood, Cedar and Doug Fir lumber grades and uses.
- Knowledge of saws and their safe use.
- Able to accurately communicate with customers and team members.
- Knowledge and methods of maintaining the racks/stacks.
- Able to lift up to 90lbs.
SUPERVISORY DIRECTION NEEDED: This position requires constant supervision.