Title: Wholesale Mill Operator
Position: Wage Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: This position requires operating saws in a large scale mill operation and sorting materials according to grade and size.
- Create desired lumber in size, grade and pattern from raw lumber by using re saws, rip saws, chop saws and molders as needed.
- Sort lumber as it leaves milling area.
- Band and store material awaiting shipment.
- Operate forklift to facilitate movement of materials.
- Maintain good working relationship with customers, fellow employees and management.
- Maintain the appearance of the mill area in an orderly and clean manner.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of saws and general mill operations.
- Knowledge of Redwood, Cedar and Doug Fir lumber grades and uses.
- Knowledge of methods of maintaining the racks/stacks.
- Able to lift up to 90lbs.
- Proficient in operating a forklift.
SUPERVISORY DIRECTION NEEDED: This position requires constant supervision.