Title: Outside Sales
Position: Wage Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for generating leads and responding to leads given to them. Travel to jobsites and provide excellent customer service. Sell outdoor building materials to contractors, developers, municipalities etc.
- Provide Outstanding Customer Service!
- Travel to jobsites and consult with customers about product options.
- Generate their own leads.
- Quickly respond to leads given to them.
- Place custom or volume orders from suppliers and coordinate order fulfillment.
- Work with Manager to achieve sales objectives.
- Write customer orders, mill orders and delivery orders, and follow the orders from beginning to end.
- Advise customers on lumber and hardware use to include bidding of projects (i.e., decks, patio covers and fences, siding etc).
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Always represents J&W Lumber with a professional appearance and demeanor.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Sound math skills.
- Self motivated with Outside Sales experience.
- Ability to design and sell outdoor building projects ( ie fences, decks , patio patio covers).
- Experienced customer service skills.
- Highly organized.
- Building industry experience a plus.
SUPERVISORY DIRECTION NEEDED: This position normally requires periodic daily supervision.