Title: Yard Employee
Position: Wage Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: This position requires sorting and racking lumber according to grade markings and size.
- Provide Outstanding Customer Service.
- Approach ALL Customers in the Yard within 30 seconds.
- Remove lumber from units and place boards in rack, according to grade and length using upgrading techniques.
- Remove defective and/or damaged lumber from racks for cut-back.
- Assist customer with loading of lumber.
- Count and write up orders after loading customer.
- Maintain good working relationship with customers, fellow employees and upper management.
- Maintain the appearance of the yard and racks in an orderly and clean manner focusing on his area.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Redwood lumber grades and uses.
- Knowledge of methods of maintaining the racks/stacks.
- Able to lift up to 90lbs.
SUPERVISORY DIRECTION NEEDED: This position requires constant supervision.